At times, we have to go through challenges, and we see no hope of winning. In times like this, we need to keep persisting and pressing hard, and this is when motivation gets us moving and helps us get closer to our goal inch by inch.
Whenever someone knocks you down, DO NOT stay on the ground!
Pick Yourself Up!
“Victory is fleeting. Losing is forever.”
- Billie Jean King – born November 22, 1943
- American former professional tennis player
- Won 39 Grand Slam titles: 12 in singles, 16 in women’s doubles, and 11 in mixed doubles
- Member of the victorious United States team in 7 Federation Cups(Captain for 3 years) and 9 Wightman Cups.
“When you start from nothing, when you come from nothing, it makes you hungry.”
- Maria Yuryevna Sharapova – born 19 April 1987
- Russian former professional tennis player
- Competed on the WTA Tour from 2001 to 2020, ranked world No.1 in singles for 21 weeks
- Only Russian, to hold the career Grand Slam
- Olympic medalist
- Won a silver medal in women’s singles – 2012 Summer Olympics, London.
“I want to reach absolute perfection. And I think I can reach it.”
- Stefanie Maria “Steffi” Graf – born 14 June 1969
- German former professional tennis player.
- She was ranked world No. 1 for a record 377 weeks (more than 7 years)
- Won 22 Grand Slam singles titles
- Only tennis player to have won each Grand Slam tournament at least four times.
“As a Tennis player, you have to get used to losing every week. Unless you win the tournament, you always go home a loser. But you have to take the positive out of a defeat and go back to work. Improve to fail better.”
- Stanislas Wawrinka – born 28 March 1985
- Swiss professional tennis player
- Three Grand Slam titles, including the 2014 Australian Open, 2015 French Open, and 2016 US Open
- Reached a career-high Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) world No. 3 singles ranking for the first time – 27 January 2014.
“Success is a journey, not a destination. The doing is often more important than the outcome.”
- Arthur Robert Ashe Jr. – (July 10, 1943 – February 6, 1993)
- American professional tennis player
- Won three Grand Slam singles titles
- First black player selected to the United States Davis Cup team
“You have to continue working because everybody is. Once you stop, the others will overtake you”
- Dominic Thiem – born 3 September 1993
- Austrian professional tennis player
- Second-highest ranked Austrian player in history
- Won 17 ATP Tour singles titles, including one Grand Slam title at the 2020 US Open